People join a sports club for many reasons, to play sport with friends or make new ones, to get better at the sport. At the Bishopbriggs Golf Club we take seriously the development of junior members and hope that this will add to their enjoyment of the game.
There are many benefits from being a member of a golf club, the ability to obtain a handicap that will allow you to play courses across the world as well as the open championship courses. Should you wish to play competitively there are team matches for all levels of ability.
We have invested heavily and in conjunction with the Scottish Golf Ltd we have created a dedicated course for the juniors – the Academy Course for young golfers as well as a practice area with covered bays and practice greens for all golfers.
No Joining Fee
- Access to academy area with adult supervision
- For Under 10's
No Joining Fee
- Locker Rental £20
- Junior Coaching
- Junior Competitions
- Junior Development Planning
- Access to the Clubhouse
- Full Access to Academy Area
- Access to Course some restrictions on playing times
The JDAP offers the following opportunities:
- Learn to Golf Structured teaching by our Coaching PGA professional and qualified volunteer coaches covering safety, etiquette, rules and technique. (Mandatory for all new members)
- Structured coaching for general Junior members age 12 and upwards.
- Fun events and competitions
- Supervised Mini medals over 6 holes within new Practice area for all new members.
New Super Sixes team competitions with other local Clubs
The JDAP team works in conjunction with interested Senior Members to ensure all Young Golfers achieve their golfing aims and full potential.